Bartender Label Design Software
16 & 32-bit Versions
- 16-bit version is for Windows version 3.1 or higher.
- 32-bit version is optimized for use on Windows 95, 98, and NT only.
Processor & Storage Requirements
- For Windows 3.1 & 95: A 386 and at least 4MB RAM.
- For Windows 98: A 486/66 and at least 16MB RAM.
- For Windows NT: A Pentium and at least 20MB RAM.
- Between 2.6MB and 6MB hard disk usage, depending on version and options installed. Add 5MB if installing all ODBC drivers.
- 1 printer port (parallel or serial).
Special Versions Available
- Lower cost "print-only" version.
- Specially discounted "run-time" and network licenses.
- The International edition includes support for English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Japanese versions.
Two Classes of Printer Support
BarTender Standard supports standard office printers, such as laser, ink-jet, dot-matrix, and label printers with existing Windows drivers (see Professional version below for high speed label printing).
BarTender Professional and Professional Integrator support not only the above printer types, but also printers that use two types of Seagull's own printer drivers:
- Our enhanced Windows drivers give BarTender Professional access to numerous high-speed commands available in a variety of thermal label printers, but not available when using drivers from the printer manufacturers themselves. Seagull currently provides enhanced drivers for Intermec (including UBI), Datamax (formerly Fargo), Zebra, Sato, Eltron, TEC, Monarch, C. Itoh, Ring, and Citizen. (These drivers may also be used by other Windows programs, but with performance comparable to that of standard Windows drivers.)
- Also includes standard Windows drivers for Printronix, Cognitive Solutions Blazer, OTC and IBI. (These drivers may also be used by other Windows programs.)
Other Printing Features
- Selectable printer port and communication speed.
- Seagull printer drivers usable by other Windows programs and shareable across networks.
- Set starting position on pages of partially used labels.*
- True on-screen WYSIWYG display.
- Choice of rectangular or circular label outline.*
- Multiple concurrent design sessions (through MDI).*
- Unlimited Undo/Redo command.*
- Create bar code and text objects with single mouse click.
- Unlimited size and number of bar code and text fields.
- Lines, boxes and graphic images.
- Resize objects by stretching with mouse.
- Reposition objects by moving with mouse.
- Resize and reposition objects by typing in values.
- Keyboard equivalents for all available mouse actions.*
- Full colour support.
- Move to front, send to back.
- Group and ungroup multiple objects.
- Automatic positioning and alignment functions.
- Rotate objects by 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees.
- Includes numerous "ready-to-print" formats.
- Unlimited maximum label size.
- Minimum label size: 1/10" x 1/10."
- Unlimited label rows and columns per sheet.
- Independent top, bottom, left and right margins.
- Computation of label size from number of rows and columns.*
- Separately controllable label height & vertical repeat distance.
- Precision, true WYSIWYG label design.
- On-screen display of label stock.
- Cursor automatically changes depending on action.
- Optional display of cursor coordinates.*
- Thumbnail previews of saved labels.*
- Comment area for saving notes on label designs.
- Convenient pull-down menus.
- Tabbed-dialogs for fast customizing.
- Menu short-cut keys for rapid access.
- Windows 95 & NT 4.0-style "right mouse button" support.*
- Three separately moveable tool bars.*
- Tools tips help identify unfamiliar icons.*
- User-configurable design grid size.
- Adjustable resolution positioning rulers.
- Metric and Standard American system units.
- User-configurable zoom parameters.
- Optional snap-to-grid.
- Independent height and width settings.
- Unlimited maximum width and height.
- No minimum height.
- Minimum width limited only by printer resolution.
- Move and resize using mouse.
- Automatic check digit capability.
- Sequentially numbered bar codes.
- Numerous supported symbologies, including 2D codes:
- Regular and Full ASCII Code 3-of-9 (including LOGMARS, HIBC, AIAG, etc.)
- Code 128 (including all UCC/EAN-128 & Shipping Container Codes)
- Interleaved 2-of-5
- UPC-A & E
- UPC Supplementals
- Code 93
- Postal Bar Codes (including Zip+4 and DPBC)
- EAN-8 & 13
- MSI Plessey
- Code 1 (Intermec printers only)
- Data Matrix
Human Readable Bar Code Characters
- Place above or below bar codes, or turn off.
- Independent horizontal and vertical positioning.
- Customizable character template.
- Independently suppress or display characters from different sub-fields.
- Option to display start/stop characters.
- Built-in printer fonts.
- Windows TrueType fonts.
- Adobe Type 1 fonts.
- PostScript fonts (on PostScript printers).
- White-on-black text printing.*
- Text resizable with mouse or keyboard values.
- Stretch text horizontally and/or vertically.
- Automatic paragraph text wrapping.
- Align text left, right, centre, or justified.
- Import graphics in BMP, DCX, DIB, DXF, EPS, IMG, JPG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIF, WMF, WPG.
- Resize, rotate and stretch graphics.
- Import variable graphics from databases.*
- Export bar codes and labels for use in other programs.
- Draw lines and boxes.
General Data Capabilities
- Visual Basic scripting for custom data processing.*
- User-designable forms for keyboard data entry.*
- User-definable min and max field lengths.*
- Customizable data entry filters and error checking.*
- Automatic print job status reports and errors logs.*
- Object-oriented concatenation of multiple sub-fields. *
- Unlimited prefix and suffix lengths.
- Easy entry of special and "unprintable" characters.*
- Shareable data fields.
Internal Data Sources
- "Permanent" keyboard data.
- "Prompt" for keyboard data at print time.
- User-definable custom print-time prompts.
- Automatic time and date values with offset.
- Increment or decrement by any interval.
- Separate rollover/roll under and reset values.
- Preserve or expand field length when rolling over.
- Numeric, alphabetic and custom base* serialization.
- Keep or discard changed values.
External Data Sources
- ASCII text files (comma, quote-and-comma, or tab delimited).
- Import variable graphics from databases.*
- Microsoft ODBC support, including compatibility with drivers for:
- Access, Allbase, AS/400, Btrieve, Clipper, dBase, DB2, Excel, FoxPro, Ingres, Informix, Interbase, Lotus 1-2-3, Oracle, Paradox, Progress, Quattro, SQL Server, Sybase, XDB, and more.
- Entire file
- Individual record
- Query by example
- Preview query results
- Record range
- Search for record
- SQL select statement
Print-Time Copy Control
- Number of identical and/or serialized copies selectable from keyboard and/or read from file.
- Where supported, copies and serialization controlled by printer for increased throughput.
Execution From Within Other Programs
- Controllable using "ActiveX"†
- Also controllable using command line parameters.
- Preloadable into "background" to avoid start-up delays
- Dynamically selectable label formats and data sources.
- Accepts data reporting directives.
- Context-sensitive help.
- Hypertext version of User's Manual located in help system.
- Single on-screen "help-line" for quick reference.
* Asterisked features only available in 32-bit version.
+ Only available in Professional Integrator version.